The bells are hung in a frame of cast iron and steel, on two levels. Bells 2, 4, 6, 7 and 8 are on the lower level, with 1, 3, and 5 above.
The clappers are the original Taylor wrought-iron clappers, with the exception of the tenor, which broke in 1982 and was replaced by a spheroidal-graphite iron one by Eyre and Smith (now merged with Taylors).
The stays are "Hastings" type, commonly used for many years by Taylor's, but not high in popularity with tower-keepers.
The bell ropes for most of their length are of pre-stretched polyester, with hemp or flax bottom ends and wool sallies. The distance between the bells and the Ringing Room is 55 - 60 feet, the ropes passing through the Clock Room, which contains the remains of a clock made by John Barnish of Rochdale in 1819.
Although chiming hammers were installed in 1924, the clock was apparently not powerful enough to operate them, and the chiming mechanism has been removed, along with much of the hand winding mechanism, when electric winding using a much smaller weight was installed.
The weights of the Whalley bells are as follows:
5cwt 1qr 21lb
5cwt 2qr 27lb
6cwt 3qr 14lb
8cwt 0qr 6lb
9cwt 3qr 6lb
11cwt 1qr 16lb
15cwt 2qr 7lb
21cwt 3qr 19lb
This bell is part of the Parish Church Memorial to the men of Whalley who fell in the Great War 1914-18.
Revd. R. N. Whitaker, Vicarius de Whalley 1855
Richard Fort de Read Hall 1855.
Sing ye merrily to God our strength. Samuel Brooks and William his son 1855.
T. M. Whalley de Clerk Hill 1855.
John Taylor de Moreton 1855.
Gloria in Altissimis Deo. This bell also has the arms of Starkie, reproduced from the previous bell.
Given by Dinah Ann Green in memory of her father Solomon Longworth, Warden 1869-1895 and her husband Roger Green, Warden 1883-1896.
Also, on each of the six middle bells: "Recast 1924"