Whalley Parish Church Organ

Originally built for Lancaster Priory by Gerard Smith in 1727, it came to Whalley in 1813 and has been enlarged and improved four times since, an electric blower being added in 1928.  In 1972, the organ was rebuilt by George Sixsmith & Son of Ashton under Lyne and the console was brought down from the gallery to its present position.  Since 1994, the organ has been looked after by Messrs. Harrison and Harrison Ltd. of Durham.

Pedal

Open Wood

Bourdon

Quint

Principle

Bass Flute

Octave Quint

Fifteenth

Flute

Super Octave

Trombone

Great to Pedal

Swell to Pedal

Swell Octave to Pedal

Choir to Pedal

Size

16

16

10 2/3

8

8

5 1/3

4

4

2

16

---

---

---

---

Swell

Lieblich Bourdon Open Diapason 
Stopped Flute
Salicional
Voix Celeste (TC)

Principal

Fifteenth

Mixture  15.19.22

Oboe (TC)

Cornopean

Sub Octave
Octave
Unison Off
Tremulant

Size

16

8

8

8

8

4

2

III

16

8

---

---

---

---

Great

Double Open Diapason

Open Diapason 1

Open Diapason 2

Stopped Diapason

Principle

Harmonic Flute

Twelfth

Fifteenth

Mixture 15.19.22

Trumpet

Swell to Great

Choir to Great

Size

16

8

8

8

4

4

2 2/3

2

III

8

---

---

Choir

Clarabel

Dulciana

Harmonic Flute

Piccolo

Larigot

Sifflote

Size

8

8

4

2

1 1/3

1

  • 5 toe pistons to Pedal

  • 5 toe pistons to Swell (dup)

  • 5 thumb pistons to Great

  • 5 thumb pistons to Swell

  • 4 thumb pistons to Choir

  • Reversible thumb and toe pistons for Pedal Trombone

  • Reversible thumb piston for Great Trumpet

  • Reversible thumb and toe pistons for Swell to Great and  Great to Pedal

  • Reversible thumb pistons for Manual to Pedal, Swell to Choir and Choir to Great couplers

  • Great and Pedal combinations coupled

  • General Cancel piston

  • Compass: Pedals  CCC to F   Manuals  CC to G

  • Detached console, Electro-pneumatic action